AUTOMATIC DGT® SAMPLER
THOË® is a patented automatic and autonomous sampler using DGT® devices for the analysis of both dissolved metals and organic compounds in seawaters and freshwaters. Fully programmable, THOË® makes it possible to provide on a monitoring site concentrations time series recorded over several months.
EXAMPLES OF MEASUREABLE ANALYTES
- 30 metals including
Cd, Co, Cu, Fe, Mn, Ni, Pb, Zn;
- Phosphorus and oxyanions including
As, Mo, Sb, Se, U, V, W;
- Phosphates and more than 40 metals including
Al, As, Cd, Co, Cu, Fe, Mn, Ni, Pb, Sb, Se, U, V, W, Zn;
- Hg and As (III);
- Polar organic compounds including antibiotics;
- Polar organic compounds including pesticides
and certain pharmaceutical products.
MAIN SAMPLER FEATURES OF THE SAMPLER THOË®
- Possibility of exposing 12 DGT® sequentially;
- Programming time sequences from few hours to several weeks;
- Built-in temperature sensor for accurate concentration calculation;
- Titanium rotation axis to direct the DGT® towards the current;
- Maximum immersion depth of 1000 m;
- Structure, carrousel and seals in chemically inert components (PEEK, PETP, PTFE and Silicon);
- Autonomy in immersion mode of more than one year;
- Multiple deployment options available.
A new analytical methodology for water emerges with the development of DGT® technology coupled with the THOË® automatic sampler developed by AEL/LEA and built by TECHNICAP.
For example, for many years environmental monitoring of the marine environment has been conducted on the basis of spot sampling of water. This type of strategy generates significant logistical costs and makes the acceptance of high frequency sampling difficult.
The performances of this new methodology have been compared to the spot sampling of waters for dissolved metal pollutants. In the example of monitoring the port of Nouméa (New Caledonia), the results underline the remarkable similarity of the concentrations between the three different methodologies, but with the advantage for THOË to obtain time series without the typical logistical constraints.
THOË IN USE
THOË® is designed to be submerged up to a depth of 1000 m.. It can be fixed on a mooring line, placed on the bottom using feet attachments (optional legs) or deployed on the surface of the water (optional float).